Sun & Moon Yoga
Bali Institute for Global Renewal
July 30 – August 6, 2017
Optional Extension August 6 – 10, 2017
• Bali, Indonesia •
Program includes gorgeous and luxurious Balinese hotels. Each day will be part yoga practice and part cultural immersion activities. Evenings will include cultural performances and ceremonial rituals.
• Visit a village Banjar (community center) to experience making offerings, practicing gamelan music, trying out Balinese dance, and woodcarving
• Private visits with royal family and cultural leaders
• Visit unique temple sites and ceremonies
• Attend a private dinner and dialogue with the prince of Peliatan and see a Balinese dance performance at the palace
• Visit early morning market, rice field walks, holy temples
• Sample indigenous spa (best massages on the planet)
• Witness a session with local healer
• Meet with a leading Balinese social entrepreneur for a dialogue on cultural exchange and immersion
• Visit one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Bali
• Visit one of Bali’s most celebrated temples by the sea
• EcoBike Tour: Cycle downhill through rural roads, plantations, fields, and rice terraces, inhale the fresh air, feel the unique spirit and feel the magic of rural Bali
• Learn about the Coral Restoration Project and have the opportunity to snorkel over the coral structures
• Share a meal with a local Balinese family at their home and join them for a ceremony at a local night temple
• Take a day trip to Menjangan Island for some of the region’s most amazing snorkeling sites
Program Price: $2950*
Single room supplement: $1,400
Optional program extension is August 6-10 for the cost of $900*
Single room supplement is $400.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due upon registration with the balance due April 1, 2017
Price includes gorgeous luxury Balinese style hotels, all breakfasts, lunches and 3 dinners, all activities, transportation to and from the airport on the first/last day of the program.
*Our pricing is based on shared rooms and we will do our best to match you with a roommate. If we are unable to do so, a single supplement room fee may apply.
About the Program Leaders:
About Annie Moyer:
Based in Arlington, Virginia, Annie is a well-loved teacher for more than a dozen years at Sun & Moon Yoga Studios in Northern Virginia, where she conveys the authenticity and beauty of yoga in an accessible and inviting way. She is firmly grounded in alignment principles and an avid fan of yoga philosophy, with classes that are moderately paced, light-hearted, and friendly; always open to questions, Annie is masterful at weaving a theme through classes that become tailored precisely to the needs of students. When she’s not teaching public classes or private students, she’s busy working behind the scenes as Director of the Sun & Moon Yoga Studios, and taking deep mindful breaths as mom to twin, teenaged daughters.
About Amir Tahami:
Amir stands at the helm as the most senior and followed teacher at, as well as the owner of, the nationally renowned Sun & Moon Yoga Studios in Northern Virginia. In his packed weekly public classes and private one-on-one yoga therapy sessions, he works attentively with students who want an enhanced quality of life through a plainspoken and sensible approach to health and well-being. His innovative techniques blending traditional Indian and Thai yoga influences with restorative postures, therapeutic applications, and somatic movement help students move gently forward on a path of healing, and encourages taking the mindfulness of yoga practice into everyday life. He holds Yoga Alliance’s highest certification level and is also a practitioner of Thai Yoga Therapy. Amir is an avid amateur hockey player, recently fulfilled a lifelong dream to design and build his own custom home, and is also known to herd cats.
Administered and Co-Facilitated by Bali Institute for Global Renewal*
*Bali Institute for Global Renewal is the largest provider of cultural immersion and service learning programs for universities and high schoolers based in Bali, Indonesia. Other programs include internships and practicum opportunities, faculty training programs and other services to international groups and organizations in their quest to provide inspired learning towards global citizenship. Bali Institute is located in Sanur, Bali and San Francisco, California. It is the only affiliate member of ISEP, and an educational partner with Udayana University and Ganesha University — both based in Bali.
For more information on Sun & Moon Yoga, please follow this link