June 15 – July 1, 2013
“Excellent! Loved the trip and well worth it. Life changing experience, excellent speakers and very well organized. Met some great people and will keep in touch for future trips. Will definitely book another doctors-on-tour trip in the future.”
— Dr. Janel Gracey, London (Bali, 2012)
- Comprehensive daily itineraries including privately escorted tours of local cultural sites, museums and shows
- Special Balinese performances and private session with royal families
- Accommodation in traditional first class hotels, resorts and spas
- 14 breakfasts,12 lunches,12 dinners in a combination of hotel and local restaurants
CME Program (with Group Medical Director (“GMD”) Dr. Mel Borins)
- 15+ hours of CME programming
- Presentations on traditional healing practices from local Balinese healers (Bone setters, Balians and Spiritual healers)
- Herbal medicine lectures
- Medical conference at Udayana University with members of the local faculty
- Lecture from Dr. Suryani (the “mother of Bali”, founder of Suryani Institute of Mental Health and author of numerous books on spirituality, Balinese culture, education and mental health
There is no person better suited to lead this program than Dr. Mel Borins, a practicing Family Physician on active staff at St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Toronto. Mel is an avid world traveler and is an expert on Bali having visited the island on twelve previous occasions to investigate traditional healing approaches, including his hosting of our inaugural Bali program in July 2012. Mel is a regular contributor to medical journals, and is well known for his writing and public speaking on travel, stress management, psychotherapy, acupuncture, traditional healing, herbs and complementary medicine. Dr. Borins is the author of several books, including Go Away Just for the Health of It and “An Apple a Day – a Holistic Health Primer”. For additional information about Dr. Borins, check out his website www.melborins.com
…the most magical, and mythical, of all the charismatic archipelago of Indonesia. Breathtaking panoramas of cultivated rice terraces, impressive volcanoes and pristine beaches. Some call it the ‘island of the gods’ – a truly beautiful tropical island inhabited by a remarkably artistic and spiritual people who have created a dynamic society with unique arts and ceremonies.
Our connection with BIGR enables us to show you far more than just the island’s beaches – this is a cultural and spiritual immersion as you meet with traditional Balinese healers, enjoy private meetings with royal families, explore sacred temples and experience colorful festivals and ceremonies. Stay in some of the island’s finest resorts and spas and sample mouthwatering cuisine as our island adventure takes you to Ubud, the heart of Bali’s arts, dance & music; Pemuteran and Menjangan Island, the spiritual centre; Mengwi with it’s wonderful views and plantations; Amed, with it’s lofty mountains, curving bays & crystalline waters; and Legian, a laid back beachfront town. Bali has enchanted visitors for centuries – let it cast it’s spell over you as we take you on a journey that you will never forget.